What can I do with an hour of my time?
A volunteer is someone who sees a need and does something about it. Volunteers may choose to spend time in a patient care area or in behind the scenes activities.
Interested in patient interaction? Here are some opportunities for you:
- Creative Compassion: Draw, Paint, Sketch...whatever form of visual expression you choose, share it with a patient. Share your voice, strings, keyboard or other instrument and bring entertainment and comfort to the hospital environment.
- Meal Mates: Practice your interaction skills while providing an essential service to our patients during meal times.
- Patient Visitation: If you can simply share your time and your spirit in a quiet moment with a person in need, we have a place for you.
- Pet Therapy: Be the moment our patients remember! Whether you can share time once a week or once a month, we open our arms and hearts to Pet Partner certified (formerly known as Delta) teams.
- NICU Cuddler: Be the loving arms that embrace and comfort a new baby.
Other ways to help our hospital:
- Gift Shop: Share a smile! Decorate! Display! Make a sale! All in support of California Hospital Medical Center.
- Information Desk: Be the welcoming face of California Hospital Medical Center.
- Margolis Hope Street Family Center: Mentor a child
- Special Event: For those that who don’t have a lot of time, but want to get involved, our Golf Tournament, 5K race, and other special events can always use a helping hand.
- Clerical Opportunities: Not comfortable in the hospital setting, but still want to share your time? We can use your office skills in support departments.
Volunteer service in our hospital does not include performance of duties provided by a licensed health professional or paid employee position. Certifications held cannot be used during your volunteer service. No previous experience is required to become a volunteer, nor is volunteering intended to lead to employment.